Sunday, March 12, 2006

Love wins


I had completed this Art piece months ago. I wanted to capture the notion that despite all of the hardship loving others can cause, in the end it is the singular truth for humanity. Love wins.

God used it today during worship in a way I was TOTALLY unprepared for. Peter asked a member of the congregation to close in song- but to just allow the song to be free form, to sing over us if you will. He did, and his words were to this effect: "The Fall of your life is over - now comes the spring." and "Love wins." He closed with an established chorus "Jesus friend for ever."

The intriguing part being the singer and I have never even met - he doesn't even know this art exists, nor did the phrase have any place or context in the "service proper" - it was a random, isolated comment. (there's more in the words but I'll have to wait for the MP3 to be posted to revisit them.)

It reminds me that God notices my creations and uses them - in my life and in the lives of others, my art matters to God. Some friends once told me that "as we trust our creative impulses - they become stronger." They are SO RIGHT!


Penso - Praesumo - Teneo!
(Ponder - Dare - Persist!)

4 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

neat

Erin said...

I love this, Keith. What a beautiful reminder that God knows all those things tucked away in our hearts.

gracie said...

this is the first blog post ever that has made me cry.. really cry... "my art matters to God"...
I shall continue my pondering... daring.. and persisting.
Thank you.
(found you via bobbie/heidi's new blog)

gracie said...

God has used this post to break through to my heart and the tears have not stopped! "my art matters to God." Thank you - the ripple effect in your 'heArtwork' has not stopped.. has reached me.... and Love is definitely winning!

I'm so glad I happened upon your blog yesterday - it prompted a poem which you can find on mine.