Saturday, April 01, 2006

Job

I have a yob. I was asked to direct the Community Activity Center (I'll write more about it later). After months and months of waiting - it has come. It's so strange. Absolutely nothing has changed accept a group of people have said that they'd like to pay me full time for the work they need me to do - but there is a world of difference in my outlook and disposition.

Soon my days will be filled with other things and this wonderful season of love I've had with my family being my sole (and soul) focus is morphing into something else. I'm not wholly sure what the new horizons hold - but the storm has broken and the waves died, time to patch the ship and go on.

It's most appropriate here and now to thank God for his faithfulness, He has consistently "shown-up" in my darkest times during this ordeal. The truth of it is that most often He's been draped in the cloak of my wife. She was His hands and feet - bailing like mad when the waves washed in, suffering my rages and rants, offering me water when the rowing was hardest, then grabbing the other oar and straining with me against the waves.

So to God - Ruler of All - and to the Image of His Son being formed in Heidi, I most humbly say thank-you. I cannot sail without either of you.

Meditatus:Tendo:Teneo
Reflect:Dare:Persist

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sail on dear husband, sail on!

thank you for the kind, sweet words!

Erin said...

Congratulations, Keith!
Praise the Lord...
and thank you, for this beautiful example of marriage.

Anonymous said...

Dude! I'm proud and happy for you!
from Roger Parrish-Siggelkow aka Roger Flyer.
Here's to more dreams, coffeeshops and community.
Blessings to you and family.
Love,
Roger

Roger Owen Flyer said...

Keith-
So happy to hear the good news!
Way to go...here's to more coffeeshop dreams, art, love a dn life.
Roger Parrish-Siggelkow
aka Roger Flyer

Kelli B said...

I love seeing how God provides...